WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR ARRIVAL
1 SEPTEMBER 2020
WITH THE SAFETY AND WELLBEING OF OUR GUESTS AND TEAM AT THE FOREFRONT, HECKFIELD PLACE HAS REOPENED WITH THE FOLLOWING CONSIDERED CHANGES
ARRIVAL TO THE ESTATE, FOR ALL GUESTS AND TEAMS:
- Your temperature will be taken using a thermal scanner. If over 38°C/100°F then we would not be able to admit you to the Estate and you are recommended to return home and self-isolate for 14 days, according to Government guidelines.
- We will be in touch with you prior to your arrival to arrange an allocated arrival time.
SERVICES IN THE HOUSE
- On arrival, you may drop your luggage at the front of the House and then drive to the Woodland car park.
- We will sanitise the handles of your luggage, and place outside your bedroom door but no valet parking for the time being.
- A distanced welcome to the House and guide to your room.
- We will ask you to complete the Guest Register questionnaire as part of the NHS track and trace. All our newspapers will be available in a digital version, which also includes magazines, podcasts and a digital version of all our dining and spa menus.
- An interesting (and temporary) one-way system around the House, both in the guest areas and the back of house, to ensure no close passing in the Corridors.
THE WAY WE ACCOMMODATE YOU
- Our Housekeeping team will deep clean and sanitise each room, all small items and soft furnishings with Ramsol Sanitiser spray to fog and disinfect. Its unique biocide combination is effective against a wide number of Coronavirus and type A influenza viruses. For more information please visit www.indasol.co.uk/ramsol
- Once fully cleaned, your bedroom door will be sealed once sanitised and await your arrival.
- The luxury of space around the House and grounds gives the chance to reconnect with yourselves and with nature.
There will be a choice of Housekeeping services to choose from:
- For those who require complete safety, we can agree to no Housekeeping service during your stay, only leaving items requested at your door.
- Or just once a day by our protected Housekeeping team working diligently to ensure the safety of all.
- And, of course, our full service, from our Housekeeping fairies in PPE.
- Our Culinary Director Skye Gyngell has created delightful seasonal menus for our main restaurant Marle and varied dining locations around the House and the Estate.
- We will keep you on your toes and far apart, following all Government guidelines in social distancing and hygiene measures.
- When the sun comes out, we will plan myriad outdoor dining opportunities, from picnics to barbecues, by the lake deep in the woods, down to the river…
- To create a safe dining environment at Heckfield for our guests and our team we require a reservation time to be confirmed for all dining in the hotel. We have staggered booking times to allow for a gentle flow of guests through our beautiful spaces and to avoid any clusters and queuing.
With our beautiful cinema reopened, the new Government guidelines require all guests to wear face masks, while we will ensure that you are socially distanced and safe while watching.
SPA & GYM
- The Little Bothy Spa is open with the choice of the healing therapy of massage, body therapy and nail treatments. The team will ensure the safety and pampering of each and every guest, with new measures and protective equipment in place for a considered and safe spa experience.
- Our Gym in the Keepers Cottage is open for personal practice and private Bodyism classes including Personal Training and Yoga. All must be pre-arranged with a reserved time slot to ensure that we keep the gym safe and sanitised for every guest that uses it.
NEW COVID-19 HYGIENE AND DISINFECTING POLICIES
- Updating policies as per Government guidelines will be a daily activity and our Team will be trained constantly.
- This regime will expand on our Housekeepers’ normal detailed and diligent programme and ensure that all areas of the House - from handles to armrests, bedside tables to hangers, amenity bottles to wine bottles - are kept sparkling and safe.
- We are making our own masks, which will be shared with you and our Team to ensure that all are safe - and beautiful. We please ask that you wear a mask at all times while on the public areas of the House.
- Wildsmith have created our own hand sanitiser, which will be placed around the House at every point required. Its glorious fragrance will effortlessly promote frequent use.
- As always, our beautiful produce will come from our Home Farm and the Market Garden into the House and onto our tables to provide the freshest, seasonal, nourishing and nutritious food to keep you healthy and well.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- Each week a plan of activities to keep everyone moving and connecting with nature will be in place. All activity timings must be pre-booked to ensure we can keep you safe.
- From guided runs and cycling to a farm gym and wild swimming, the Little Bothy Team are going to keep us moving.
- Outdoor games can join your picnic, or you can discover a badminton court on a hidden lawn or follow the tree hunt through the woods.
- We ask you to bring your own wellies with you to ramble and discover the Estate, as our Boot Room will be packed away to keep everyone safe.
Policy updated on 11/08/2020