WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR ARRIVAL
With the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team at the forefront and to comply with Government regulations to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, Heckfield Place has put the following considered changes in place
ARRIVAL TO THE ESTATE, FOR ALL GUESTS AND TEAMS
- Your temperature will be taken using a thermal scanner. If over 38°C/100°F then we would not be able to admit you to the Estate and you are recommended to return home and self-isolate, according to Government guidelines.
- In order to comply with Government Regulations now in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus you are required to wear your face mask in all indoor public spaces, except when dining. This measure is to protect you and others. If you have an exemption, please let us know before arrival.
- We will be in touch with you prior to your stay to plan for your arrival.
SERVICES IN THE HOUSE
- On arrival, you may drop your guests at the front of the House but we request that you keep your luggage in the car and drive to the Woodland car park where one of our porters will meet you to take your car keys and arrange the delivery of your luggage to the room.
- Apologies, but there is no valet parking for the time being
- If you have time before coming to the House we recommend that you register for the NHS Covid 19 App for track and trace by clicking here:
- If you have downloaded the NHS COVID-19 app, we will ask you to register your location here via a QR code. If not, we will ask you to complete the Guest Register questionnaire as part of the NHS track and trace.
- A distanced welcome to the House, hand over your room keys and guide to your room.
- All our newspapers will be available in a digital version, which also includes magazines, podcasts and a digital version of all our dining and spa menus. Please click on the next QR code to access this:
- An interesting (and temporary) one-way system around the House, both in the guest areas and the back of house, to ensure no close passing in the Corridors
THE WAY WE ACCOMMODATE YOU
- In our efforts to ensure there is time for a full deep clean of your room, we have changed our arrival and departure times to give our Housekeeping team time to fully sanitise the rooms. The revised check-in time is 4.00pm and the check-out time is 11.00am.
- Our Housekeeping team will deep clean and sanitise each room, all small items and soft furnishings with Ramsol Sanitiser spray to fog and disinfect. Its unique biocide combination is effective against a wide number of coronaviruses and type A influenza viruses. For more information please click on the link: www.indasol.co.uk/ramsol
- Once fully cleaned and sanitised, your bedroom door will be sealed to await your arrival.
- The space around the House and grounds gives the chance to reconnect with yourselves and with nature.
There will be a choice of Housekeeping services to choose from:
- For those who require complete safety, we can agree to no Housekeeping service during your stay, only leaving items requested at your door.
- Or just once a day by our protected Housekeeping team working diligently to ensure the safety of all.
- Or, of course, our full service, from our Housekeeping fairies in PPE.
- Our Culinary Director Skye Gyngell has created delightful seasonal menus for our main restaurant Marle and varied dining locations around the House and the Estate.
- We will keep you on your toes and far apart, following all Government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene measures.
- If you’re wrapped up warm there is the opportunity for outdoor dining on the Marle terrace or picnics in the woods.
- To create a safe dining environment at Heckfield for our guests and our team we require a reservation time to be confirmed for all dining in the hotel. We have staggered booking times to allow for a gentle flow of guests through our beautiful spaces and to avoid any clusters and queuing.
With our beautiful cinema open, in line with the new Government guidelines, we require all guests to wear face masks, and we will ensure that you are socially distanced and safe while watching.
SPA & GYM
- We very much hope we will be allowed to open the Little Bothy Spa for all treatments.
- Our Gym in the Keepers Cottage would also be open for personal practice and must be pre-arranged with a reserved time slot. This ensure that we keep the gym safe and sanitised for every guest who uses it.
- If possible, there will be Personal Training, Yoga and Pilates available as scheduled group and private classes.
- When the weather is kind, the Movement team will offer fitness and meditation outdoors around the Estate.
NEW COVID-19 HYGIENE AND DISINFECTING POLICIES
- Updating our policies as per Government guidelines will be a daily activity and our Team will be trained constantly.
- This regime will expand on our Housekeepers’ normal detailed and diligent programme and ensure that all areas of the House - from handles to armrests, bedside tables to hangers, amenity bottles to wine bottles - are kept sparkling and safe.
- We are making our own masks, which will be shared with you and our Team to ensure that all contact is protected - and beautiful. Please wear your mask at all times while in the public areas of the House.
- Wildsmith have created our own hand sanitiser, which will be placed around the House at every point required. Its delicious fragrance will effortlessly promote frequent use.
- As always, our beautiful produce will come from our Home Farm and the Market Garden into the House and onto our tables to provide the freshest, seasonal, nourishing and nutritious food to keep you healthy and well.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- Please check our weekly plan of activities to keep everyone moving and connecting with nature. All activity timings must be pre-booked to ensure we can keep you safe.
- From yoga and personal training, cycling to a farm gym and for those who are brave enough, wild swimming, the Little Bothy Team are going to keep us moving.
- Wrap up warm and venture into the great outdoors to discover the Tree Hunt through the woods or a game of badminton.
- We ask you to bring your own wellies with you to ramble and discover the Estate, as our Boot Room will be packed away to keep everyone safe.
We look forward to welcoming you to Heckfield Place. According to the roadmap, two households or the rule of six (people from different households) will be allowed to mingle indoors at that time, and up to 30 people can meet outside. It is anticipated that these restrictions will be lifted from 21 June 2021.
Keep safe, well and happy.
NOTES: 'Household' means the people you ordinarily live with at home.
For 'Linked Household' see:
For 'Support Bubbles' see:
POLICY UPDATED ON 21/02/2021