Heckfield Place is a beautifully restored hotel on a 400-acre farm in the county of Hampshire, just outside of London. The kitchen sources some of its produce from our biodynamic market garden on site, and chefs take regular tours of the farm to draw inspiration from what they see growing.
The kitchen is currently looking for a Pastry Junior Sous Chef to join our dynamic pastry kitchen. Most of our desserts are created to showcase the fruits, flowers, and fragrant leaves from the farm, and our paired back approach to afternoon tea allows us to serve simple cakes, which are made fresh daily. We make all our own naturally leavened sourdough bread, as well as a small selection of handmade pastries for breakfast.
Position responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- The preparation of desserts, bread, and ice cream for the restaurant as well as the execution of desserts during service.
- The preparation of simple cakes afternoon tea
- The preparation of homemade room service offerings
- The ability to work efficiently and carefully to maintain the high quality and consistency required in our kitchen.
- The ability to handle quality ingredients with care and attention.
- The ability to adapt to a changing menu and be open to critical feedback.
- Have an open schedule that allows you to work evenings and weekends.
- Service charge after 3 months successful probation
- Free onsite parking
- Free staff meals
- Company discounts
- Training and development
- Basic salary of £31,000
The ideal person will have a passion for working seasonally and be opened to learning new styles and techniques. At Heckfield we pride ourselves on providing training, development and a chance to progress within the company. If you would like to work in a collaborative and creative environment, please send your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org