Heckfield Place is a beautifully restored hotel on a 400-acre farm in the county of Hampshire, just outside of London. The kitchen sources some of its produce from our biodynamic market garden on site, and chefs take regular tours of the farm to draw inspiration from what they see growing.
The kitchen is currently looking for a Pastry Commis Chef (Bread mainly) to join our dynamic pastry kitchen. Most of our desserts are created to showcase the fruits, flowers, and fragrant leaves from the farm, and our paired back approach to afternoon tea allows us to serve simple cakes, which are made fresh daily. We make all our own naturally leavened sourdough bread, as well as a small selection of handmade pastries for breakfast.
Position responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- To carry out all basic preparation, cooking and clearing tasks as required by the role of Pastry Commis Chef. This could include:
- Weighing and measuring out ingredients for recipes
- Basic bread & tart dough’s, cake mixes and fillings
- Assist with the preparation of ice cream, sorbet, jam making and other sauces
- Cleaning, cutting and preparation of fruits for various uses.
- Running and support duties
- Relevant cleaning duties
- To be able to understand, react and follow instructions issued by senior team members to ensure an efficient kitchen section and operation
- To be receptive to teaching, coaching and training in order to progress and develop your position
- To always maintain an excellent working relationship with other hotel team members
- To adhere to a high level of food safety by following procedures as set by the company and legislation
- Have an open schedule that allows you to work evenings and weekends.
- Service charge after 3 months successful probation
- Free onsite parking
- Free staff meals
- Company discounts
- Training and development
- Basic salary of £22,500
The ideal person will have a passion for working seasonally and be opened to learning new styles and techniques. At Heckfield we pride ourselves on providing training, development and a chance to progress within the company. If you would like to work in a collaborative and creative environment, please send your cover letter and cv to [email protected]