WITH THE SAFETY AND WELLBEING OF OUR GUESTS AND TEAM AT THE FOREFRONT, HECKFIELD PLACE IS SET TO REOPEN WITH THE FOLLOWING CONSIDERED CHANGES:
ARRIVAL TO THE ESTATE, FOR ALL GUESTS AND TEAMS
- Your temperature will be taken using a thermal scanner. If over 38°C/100°F then we would not be able to admit you to the Estate and you are recommended to return home and self-isolate for 14 days, according to Government guidelines.
- We will be in touch with you to arrange an allocated arrival and departure time.
SERVICES IN THE HOUSE
- On arrival, you may drop your luggage at the front of the House and then drive to the Woodland car park.
- We will sanitise the handles of your luggage, and place outside your bedroom door but no valet parking for the time being.
- A distanced welcome to the House and guide to your room.
- An interesting (and temporary) one-way system around the House, both in the guest areas and the back of house, to ensure no close passing in the Corridors.
THE WAY WE ACCOMMODATE YOU
- Up until 31st August, we will keep a 2-night gap between each departing guest and the next arrival, allowing our Housekeeping team more than 50 hours to deep clean and sanitise each room, as well as placing all small items and soft furnishings in an Ozone environment for a minimum of 24 hours to ensure their hygiene.
- We are also capping our occupancy until 31st August to give space around the House and in our Dining areas, as well as allowing us to leave the 2-night gap between visitors.
- Your bedroom door will be sealed once sanitised and await your arrival.
There will be a choice of Housekeeping services to choose from:
- For those who require complete safety, we can agree to no Housekeeping service during your stay, only leaving items requested at your door.
- Or just once a day by our fully protected Housekeeping team working diligently to ensure the safety of all.
- And, of course, our full service, from our Housekeeping fairies in full PPE.
- Only one Dining outlet will open at a time, with our Culinary Director Skye Gyngell designing a weekly ‘house-party’ style programme of moving dining locations throughout the day.
- From Breakfast in Marle, Lunch in the Dining Room and the House, Tea in the Glass House and Dinner in Hearth. We will keep you on your toes and far apart, following all Government guidelines in social distancing and hygiene measures.
- And when the sun comes out, we will plan myriad outdoor dining opportunities, from picnics to barbecues, by the lake deep in the woods, down to the river…
- To create a safe dining environment at Heckfield for our guests and our team we require a reservation time to be confirmed for all dining in the hotel. We have staggered booking times to allow for a gentle flow of guests through our beautiful spaces and to avoid any clusters and queuing.
NEW COVID-19 HYGIENE AND DISINFECTING POLICIES
- Updating policies as per Government guidelines will be a daily activity and our Team will be trained constantly.
- This regime will expand on our Housekeepers’ normal detailed and diligent programme and ensure that all areas of the House - from handles to armrests, bedside tables to hangers, amenity bottles to wine bottles - are kept sparkling and safe.
- We are making our own masks, which along with bamboo gloves will be shared with our Team and our guests to ensure that all contact is protected - and beautiful.
- Wildsmith have created our own hand sanitiser, which will be placed around the House at every point required. Its glorious fragrance will effortlessly promote frequent use.
- As always, our beautiful produce will come from our Home Farm and the Market Garden into the House and onto our tables to provide the freshest, seasonal, nourishing and nutritious food to keep you healthy and well.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- We ask you to bring your own wellies with you to ramble and discover the Estate, as our Boot Room will be packed away to keep everyone safe.
- Each week a plan of activities to keep everyone moving and connecting with nature will be in place. All activity timings must be pre booked to ensure we can keep you safe.
- From guided runs and cycling to a farm gym and wild swimming, the Little Bothy Team are going to keep us moving.
- Outdoor games can join your picnic, or you can discover a badminton court on a hidden lawn or follow the tree hunt through the woods.
Policy updated on 30/06/2020