We are now looking for a passionate Night Chef de Partie/Baker to join our kitchen team at Heckfield Place.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to be involved in a progressive and creative farm to table project. Do you enjoy cooking dishes based on beautiful seasonal organic and biodynamic ingredients?
Would you like join an extraordinary gathering of people on an amazing Estate with its own farm and market garden which centres around a beautiful hotel?
We have an opportunity just for you!
Previous experience in a similar position is required but most importantly we are looking for people who share our vision and values and have a genuine passion for high quality, seasonal food.
- As a Night Chef your responsibilities will be pastry preparation during the night shift.
- You will focus on the bread production for the hotel’s restaurants, breakfast pastries, room amenities and any additional pastry preparation requests from the Head Pastry Chef.
- You will fulfil orders for room service
- This role requires a highly organized and self-motivated person who is trustworthy and able to handle a high-volume workload and able to keep up with the fast-paced nature of the kitchen as required.
- You will need to be able to work and carry out your duties unsupervised.
- Work to our high standards.
- Support the Night Manager and night staff with any Fire Marshall duties, to ensure our guests and staff are safe in an event of any potential fire incidents and evacuations.
- Support the day shift team with any additional preparation, cleaning tasks and accepting of any early morning deliveries.
Shifts for this position are as follows: 11pm to 7.30am Thursday to Monday (Tuesday & Wednesday off)
We are creating something very special here and we would be pleased to hear from you.