Since the opening just over two years ago, the hotel has been recognised for its design, service and its foundations of sustainability. It has won many awards including Sunday Times Hotel of the Year 2019, Best British Hotel by Tatler and Hotel Designs Eco Award 2020.
Heckfield is a living place: a Georgian family home lovingly restored to its classic origins and rewoven into 400-acres of Hampshire. Elegantly evolving, resolutely natural, we’re a beautiful piece of English history that redefines the idea of a hotel. We springboard from a storied past, celebrating the slow-and-simple now: a country haven — less than an hour from London — sculpted over centuries by ancient heather, woodland and meadow.
We are now looking for a skilled Front Office Supervisor to join our Front of House team.
- Assist in organising, directing and coordinating the activities of the Front Office, ensuring the smooth operation and proper administration of the section
- To set a high example to colleagues in terms of punctuality, appearance, performance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, observance of the house rules and interdepartmental co-operation.
- To provide backup and support within the staffing structure and carrying out the duties of another member of the Guest Assistants team in the event of absence.
- Conduct the hand over between shifts, ensuring that all relevant staff are in attendance and that all pertinent information is passed accurately to the oncoming shift.
- To ensure the Front Desk is manned at all times and all operations run properly, smoothly and professionally.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the surrounding areas, so as to be competent at recommending places of interest to visit or where to dine out, tailored to the guest’s preferences.
- Take part in room division & weekly reservation meetings.
- To liaise closely with the Front of House Manager and Head Housekeeper and keep everyone informed of any changes in room allocations, room moves or other matters which may concern them.
- To ensure that all guest complaints or queries are handled promptly and efficiently, speaking to the departments concerned with a thorough follow-up to the guest.
- To encourage repeat business by exceeding expectations and delivering an unparalleled service and experience.
Here there is a wonderful opportunity for someone to be involved in a progressive and creative farm to table project. Previous experience in a similar position as well as knowledge of the system Opera is required but most importantly we are looking for people who share our vision and values and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Salary: £24,000 per year plus service charge after successful completion of probation.
Staff accommodation is available, please ask for further details during interview.
We are creating something very special here and we would be pleased to hear from you.