Since the opening in 2018, the hotel has been recognised for its design, service and its foundations of sustainability. It has won many awards including Sunday Times Hotel of the Year 2019, Best British Hotel by Tatler, Hotel Designs Eco Award 2020 and ‘Best Hotels in the World’ Condé Nast Traveller Gold List 2022 .
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced Finance Director to join our lovely Finance team.
- Taking the lead on all financial planning and analysis, including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management.
- Overseeing the finance function for the hotel as well as directly managing the hotel’s finance department.
- Have experience in a similar hospitality based role essential.
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Builds and manages accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts.
- Oversees and reviews accounting tasks, including payroll, taxes, and compliance.
- Presents financial reports to executives, General Manager, Directors, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the executives and directors to create budgets and track key performance indicators.
- Meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Knows and adheres to UK generally accepted accounting principles and Securities and/or International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively
- Responsibility for maintaining Statutory records for the business
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Budget preparation and all related monthly management reporting
- Providing the General Manager with core information relating to the financial performance of the hotel
- Direct input into the strategy of the business
- Managing transactional team and overseeing/reviewing sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll, cash posting and all general ledger entries.
- Handling VAT, PAYE and Tax duties, including corporation tax.
- Liaise with auditors and preparing audit packs
Previous experience in a similar role is required and knowledge of Accounts IQ, and Cascade Payroll system. You must be a qualified accountant from ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent accountancy bodies.
This is a high profile role and require excellent communications and immaculate presentation skills, and ability to operate at every level under tight deadlines.
We are creating something very special here and we would be pleased to hear from you.