Heckfield Place is a beautifully restored hotel on a 400-acre farm in the county of Hampshire, just outside of London. The kitchen sources some of its produce from our biodynamic market garden on site, and chefs take regular tours of the farm to draw inspiration from what they see growing.
The kitchen is currently looking for a Commis Chef to join our dynamic kitchen. Most of our dishes are created to showcase the produce from the farm.
We are looking for a chef that is willing to learn and has an enthusiastic approach to a unique style of cooking.
Position responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- To carry out all basic preparation, cooking and clearing tasks as required by the role of Commis Chef. This could include;
- Vegetable and salad preparation
- Assist with the preparation of other menu items
- Running and support duties
- Relevant cleaning duties
- To be able to understand, react and follow instructions issued by senior team members to ensure an efficient kitchen section and operation
- To be receptive to teaching, coaching and training in order to progress and develop your position
- To always maintain an excellent working relationship with hotel team members
- To adhere to a high level of food safety by following procedures as set by the company and legislation
- To assist the team when receiving and storing goods
- To assist in the running of kitchen sections as part of your training and following training
- To alternate between sections and kitchens as and when required
- Have an open schedule that allows you to work evenings and weekends.
- Service charge after 3 months successful probation
- Free onsite parking
- Free staff meals
- Company discounts
- Training and development
- Basic salary of £22,500
The ideal person will have a passion for working seasonally and be opened to learning new styles and techniques. At Heckfield we pride ourselves on providing training, development and a chance to progress within the company.
If you would like to work in a collaborative and creative environment, please send your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org