Heckfield is a living place: a Georgian family home lovingly restored to its classic origins and rewoven into 400-acres of Hampshire. Elegantly evolving, resolutely natural, we’re a beautiful piece of English history that redefines the idea of a hotel. We springboard from a storied past, celebrating the slow-and-simple now: a country haven — less than an hour from London — sculpted over centuries by ancient heather, woodland and meadow.
Here it begins with the soil. Our estate’s biodynamic Home Farm, walled gardens and orchards feed Skye Gyngell’s epicurean alchemy, bringing the outside joyfully into Marle and the open-flamed Hearth restaurants. Drawn from nature, Heckfield cultivates a space to unearth, reconnect and rediscover.
Since the opening less than two years ago, the hotel has been recognised for its design, service and its foundations of sustainability. It has won many awards including Sunday Time Hotel of the Year 2019 and Best British Hotel by Tatler and Hotel Designs Eco Award 2020.
We are now looking for a skilled Guest Assistant (Reception) to join our Front Office team on a casual basis.
Our Front Office team are the first to greet guests when they arrive, therefore, excellent customer service skills are required and experience in a similar role is preferred.
- To be responsible for the smooth check in and check out of guests
- Assistance with arranging guest experiences
- Ensure all checklists are completed daily
- To welcome each guest arriving at Heckfield Place
- To ensure the Front Desk is manned always and all operations run smoothly and professionally.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the surrounding areas, so as to recommend places of interest to visit.
- Ensure all email are checked and responded to promptly.
- Ensure prompt delivery of guest luggage
- To liaise closely with the Front Office Manager and Head Housekeeper to keep everyone informed of any changes in room allocations.
We are creating something very special here and we would be pleased to hear from you.