Since its opening just over two years ago, the hotel has been recognised for its design, service and its foundations of sustainability. It has won many awards including Sunday Times Hotel of the Year 2019, Best British Hotel by Tatler and Hotel Designs Eco Award 2020.
Heckfield is a living place: a Georgian family home lovingly restored to its classic origins and rewoven into 400-acres of Hampshire. Elegantly evolving, resolutely natural, we’re a beautiful piece of English history that redefines the idea of a hotel. We springboard from a storied past, celebrating the slow-and-simple now: a country haven — less than an hour from London — sculpted over centuries by ancient heather, woodland and meadow.
Here it begins with the soil. Our estate’s biodynamic Home Farm, walled gardens and orchards feed Skye Gyngell’s epicurean alchemy, bringing the outside joyfully into Marle and the open-flamed Hearth restaurants. Drawn from nature, Heckfield cultivates a space to unearth, reconnect and rediscover.
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced Assistant Executive Housekeeper to join our hard-working and friendly Housekeeping team.
- To deputize for the Executive Housekeeper when required, to include the overall management of departmental operations and chairing team meetings
- To allocate work across the Housekeeping department
- Inspecting rooms and public areas daily to ensure cleanliness is of the required standard
- Ensure logs and records are up to date
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in the completion of performance reviews
- Assist in the selection process for new team members when necessary
- Management of department rota and timesheets
- Ensure all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Maintenance, Front Office, and Laundry
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures
- When necessary, to be “hands-on” and service rooms or public areas as required
- To carry out risk assessment training as and when required
- Stock inventory and ordering to ensure adequate supplies are maintained
- Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints swiftly
Here there is a wonderful opportunity for someone to be involved in a progressive and creative farm to table project. Previous experience in a similar position is essential but most importantly we are looking for people who share our vision and values and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
We are creating something very special here and we would be pleased to hear from you.